This tool is used to convert the Ward Membership file from LDS.org
to a KML file suitable for Google Earth
(Sorry, this is for Windows only. The original scripts were written in PHP, which I will post if requested.)
Here is the process to use this program:
- Go to LDS.org and login to the Stake and Ward Web Sites.
- Click on Membership Directory
- Choose the csv option, in the upper right hand corner.
- Save the resulting file to your Desktop and rename it to Wardlist.csv.
Download the MapConvert.zip file and extract it to the same location as your Wardlist.csvWhen you unzip the MapConvert.zip, you will have a file called MapConvert.exe.
- If you are not prompted for where to save the file, look for it in your downloads location
Double click on MapConvert.exe.
- The icon for MapConvert.exe is a blue oval the says PHP
Double click on Wardmap.kml to open it in Google Earth, or you default KML application.
- A black window will flash on the screen and you should then see a file called Wardmap.kml